The European Commission is the organiser of the European Enterprise Promotion Awards 2019.
The aim of the competition is to identify those of you who should receive recognition for their work, because of their successful promotion of entrepreneurship in Europe, those of you who practically implement the SME policy and increase the awareness and the importance of entrepreneurship, encourage and inspire future entrepreneurs.
The competition is open for national, regional and local public institutions and public-private partnerships of all EU Member States, Norway, Iceland, Serbia and Turkey. There are two distinct stages: national and European. Participants may continue to the European stage only after having passed through the selection in their own country. You can participate by submitting completed, signed and stamped Entry form to the e-mail mention below. The deadline for participation at national round of the competition is 28 May 2019. Two projects from different categories will be selected at national competition and they will continue to participate in the European final. National winners will be awarded at a ceremony in June.
The objectives of the Awards are to:
- identify and recognise successful activities and initiatives undertaken to promote enterprise and entrepreneurship;
- showcase and share examples of best entrepreneurship policies and practices;
- create a greater awareness of the role entrepreneurs play in society;
- encourage and inspire potential entrepreneurs.
The winners of the European Enterprise Promotion Awards are announced at an Awards ceremony at the SME Assembly, which is part of European SME Week.
How to get involved?
Do you want to take part? Learn how to get involved in the 2019 edition of the Awards.
The award categories are:
- Promoting the entrepreneurial spirit – promote an entrepreneurial mindset, especially among young people and women;
- Investing in entrepreneurial skills – improve entrepreneurial and managerial skills;
- Improving the business environment – support enterprise start-up and growth, simplify legislative and administrative procedures for businesses;
- Supporting the internationalisation of business – encourage enterprises and particularly small and medium-sized businesses to benefit more from the opportunities offered by markets, both inside and outside the EU;
- Responsible and inclusive entrepreneurship – promote corporate social responsibility among small and medium-sized enterprises and entrepreneurship among disadvantaged groups such as the unemployed, legal migrants, disabled, or people from ethnic minorities.
The Jury’s Grand Prize can be from any category and will go to the entry considered to be the most creative and inspiring entrepreneurship initiative in Europe.
Economic Policy Directorate
Ministry of Economy
8 Slavyanska St.,1052 Sofia, Bulgaria
tel.: +359 2 940 7573
Learn more details at http://ec.europa.eu/growth/smes/support/enterprise-promotion-awards/index_en.htm